Our world has been unique for many millions of years, but the presence of man has led to many ecological changes on the planet.
Unfortunately, the presence of man has led to destructive changes, but we still have a chance to change everything for the better.
The best thing that is happening today is changes in societies for the better, and the desire to change. Today, we see changes in waste management, environmental management, etc.
When we talk about the environment, it should be understood that it is not only the weather, it is animals, birds, and all living creatures on this earth.
The most interesting facts and figures about the environment:
- 27,000 trees are destroyed every day to produce toilet paper.
- Recycling one aluminum can could provide enough electricity to run a TV for at least 3 hours.
- 80 billion aluminum cans are used every day.
- Paper can be recycled only six times. After that, the fibers are too weak to hold shape.
- 40% of all water in the world is sold in bottles.
- A glass bottle made nowadays takes 4000 years to decompose.
- The oldest tree in the world is more than 4600 years old.
- Our planet is increasing by 77 million inhabitants annually.
- 35% of landfills consist of packaging materials.
- Rainforests are shrinking by 100 acres every minute.
- American companies alone use enough paper to wrap the earth three times. And it’s great that the business world is moving in a paperless direction in their work.
- Only one percent of the water on our planet can be used for drinking, 97% is in the ocean and another 2% is frozen water in the Arctic today.
- 30% percent of cold air disappears from your refrigerator when you open it.
These are just some facts and figures to understand how society still needs to do a lot to move towards sustainable development on the planet.
Picture Credit: Pexels