Recently, more and more people are thinking about how to save the environment. We finally came to the realization that natural resources are not eternal, which means that it is important to save and protect them.
Of course, this does not mean that you need to give up all the benefits of civilization, but it’s worthwhile to acquire useful eco-habits.
Saving water and electricity
The case when it will be good not only to nature, but also to your wallet:
- Turn off all electrical appliances. Even in sleep mode, the computer consumes energy.
- Always make sure you turn off the lights when you leave home.
- Switch to energy-saving light bulbs.
- Check that all the plumbing in the house is working: more than 20 liters of water can pour out of a slightly leaking tap in a day.
- Taking a bath every day is an unacceptable luxury, and for health it is not very useful.
Often we forget that paper does not appear from the air and that all of our unnecessary printouts are ruined trees. Therefore, before you print something, once again think about whether it is so important. In most cases, even electronic tickets are enough to show on the phone screen. Well and, of course, plant trees.
Boycott plastic bags
Surely, each of us at home has the notorious “package with packages.” But let’s face it – plastic bags are harmful to the environment. Therefore, try to take old bags from home with you to the store, but rather, go to canvas bags.
Do not throw used batteries into the trash; take them to special collection points.
Do not discard equipment. Working equipment can be sold, and the old one can be handed over to special collection points.
Cleanliness and order in nature
When going on a picnic, do not forget about one simple rule: after us it should be even cleaner than before us. So do not be too lazy to take with you all the garbage that will be in the district, even if it has been lying there for years.
Picture Credit: geralt